Call For Filmmakers: Louis Vuitton’s 2nd Journey Awards
What Will You Encounter?Travel has been at the heart of Louis Vuitton since its inception and the most memorable part of a journey is what you encounter. The subject of encounters is open to interpretation. It is not only about meeting another person; it can be an encounter with a place, an object, a culture, or even oneself. No matter what, when you are open to these experiences, an encounter can have a profound and lasting effect.Louis Vuitton is calling on emerging filmmakers to show what a meaningful encounter means to them. How it is experienced. Where it is experienced. How it is felt in the soul. What we live in that moment. And we carry away from it.
The competition is designed to offer participants a chance to showcase their creativity, demonstrate their technical skills and resonate with an audience. It also offers two $25,000 prizes and international media exposure opportunities.The Journey Begins• Beginning March 15th participants should visit http://
• Luca Guadagnino will personally brief participants via video at the Journeys Awards web site.
• Participants have until June 18th 2012, the official deadline, to complete and submit their films.
• The Official Jury will announce their selection, viewable online, on July 3rd 2012.
• The public will be invited to vote for their favorite film on Journeys Awards website
• End of July, 2012, the winners of the Jury’s Choice and Online People’s Choice will be notified.
• In September 2012, the winners will attend a special screening and celebration of their winning entries at the Venice Film Festival.